Creating an Account
To access AJL's full range of resume search options and tobuild or upload your job postings, you need to create an employer account. Creating an employer account is free and allows you to take full advantage of AJL's recruitment and labor information services. With an employer account you can post job orders, search the AJL database containing thousands of resumes, save a resume search profile for future use, and more. This section will walk you through the steps required to create an employer account, and explain how to edit or update your account information.
Quick Start Guide
Click to view full-screen video in new window: Creating an Employer Account
Self-Service vs. Staff-Assisted
AJL gives you the choice between managing your own job orders and recruitment efforts (self-service) or allowing a workforce professional at your local AJC to manage them for you (staff-assisted).
Even if you choose to begin by creating a self-service account, you can contact your local AJC for assistance at any time. The workforce professionals there are trained to answer your recruitment and labor market questions, process job orders, contact job candidates for interviews, and more. To locate the AJC nearest you, click Contact Us above the top navigation menu on the AJL home page.
Creating an Employer Account
- On the AJL home page, click Log In/Register, then click Employer. The Employers page displays.
- Under Employer Login, click the Register for a new account button. The Employer Use Policy page displays.
- Carefully read the information on the Employer Use Policy page and select I Accept, I Decline, or Decision Pending. Text on the Employer Use Policy will vary according to state.
- To indicate that you have read, understood, and agree to comply with the Employer Use Policy, click I Accept. This directs you to the New Account Creation for Employer page.
- To indicate that you have read, understood, and cannot or choose not to comply with the Employer Use Policy, click I Decline. This terminates the account creation process and directs you to the AJL home page.
The Employer Lookup page displays. Enter your company's FEIN and SEIN.
- If no matches are found for the FEIN and SEIN, the Employer Registration page displays.
- If a match is found for the FEIN or SEIN, a validation message displays. You may choose to continue your registration.
- Do not create multiple accounts for multiple company locations. One employer account can manage job postings for multiple locations through the Address Book function.
- The Employer Registration page displays. Provide, at a minimum, all of the required information. Required information is marked throughout AJL with an asterisk. Complete the fields according to the instructions.
- Employer Registration fields and descriptions
Employer Registration Field Description Username (Text) Enter a username. Usernames must be between 6 and 20 characters and may not contain special characters or spaces. Confirm Username (Text) Re-enter username. Password (Text) Enter a password. Passwords are case sensitive and must be between 8 and 20 characters, contain at least one letter, one number, and one special character, and must be different from your username. Passwords cannot contain spaces. Confirm Password (Text) Re-enter your password. Security Question (Drop-down) Choose one of the six security questions, which will be used to validate your identity if you forget your password and need to retrieve it. Answer (Text) Enter the answer to your selected Security Question. Profile Information First Name (Text) Enter your first name. Middle Initial (Text) Enter your middle initial. Last Name (Text) Enter your last name. Phone (Text) Enter your primary phone number, including the extension if available, as ###-###-####x####. Cell Phone (Text) Enter your cell phone number. Fax (Text) Enter your fax number. Email Address (Text) Enter you email address if desired.
- Providing an email address is optional, but you must provide one if want to receive alerts about new job seeker resumes or to post job orders using the Public Limited disclosure option. If you enter an email address, you will receive an email with confirmation instructions.
Confirm Email Address (Text) Re-enter your email address. Address (Text) Enter the address at which you are located.
- This does not necessarily have to be the company's address, which you will enter in Company Information.
Address 2 (Text) Enter any additional address information, including apartment or building number. City (Text) Enter the city of residence. State (Drop-down) Select your state of residence. ZIP Code (Text) Enter your five-digit ZIP code. Country (Drop-down) Select your country of residence. The United States is the default selection. International Locality: (Text) If you live outside of the United States, please provide your state, province, or county, as appropriate. International Locality Postal Code (Text) If you work in an international location, enter your postal code. Company Information Name (Text) Enter your company’s name. Description (Text) Enter a description of the company. To check your spelling, click Check spelling.
- This will display on all job orders and is a chance to sell your company to potential employees.
Are you a third-party recruiter or staffing agency? (Drop-down) Select Yes or No. Address (Text) Enter the company's street address.
- If your company has more than one address, enter the main address. You will have the opportunity to enter additional addresses in your Address Book for managing job postings at different locations.
Address Line 2 (Text) Complete the company's street address by typing a unit number or other specifics. City (Text) Enter the city in which the company is located. State (Drop-down) Select the state in which the company is located. If the company is not located in the United States, leave "International" selected. ZIP Code (Text) Enter the company's ZIP or postal code. The last four Text of the ZIP code are optional. County (Drop-down) Select the county in which the company is located. Country (Drop-down) Select the country in which the company is located. Website (Text) Please provide the URL of your company’s website (http://) if available. FEIN (Display Only) The Federal Employer Identification Number displays as entered on the Employer Lookup page. SEIN (Display Only)The State Employer Identification Number displays as entered on the Employer Lookup page. Number of Employees (Drop-down) Select the approximate number of current employees. Federal Contractor (Drop-down) Select Yes if you are party to any government contract or subcontract of $100,000 or more. Ownership (Drop-down) Select the appropriate company ownership designation: Federal, State, or Local Government, or Private. Contact Name (Text) Enter the company contact person's full name.
- The Contact person is the one who will be contacted by the American Job Center for any questions.
Contact Title (Text) Enter the contact person’s job title. Green Industry (Drop-down) Only one sector can be chosen, so select the sector that best describes your company’s participation in environmentally and economically sustainable business. How did you hear about our services? (Check all that apply.) (Checkboxes) Check all ways in which you heard about our services. Options may vary by state.
- Click Submit.
After you create your employer account, your account information is routed to state-designated staff for approval. The approval process typically takes 24 to 72 hours. If additional information is needed to approve your account, you will be contacted by phone or email. You can create job orders now, and they will be visible to job seekers when your account is approved.