The Resume Search enables you to search resumes by keyword(s), with the ability to refine results by adding filters. A search can be simple or detailed as desired, beginning with a basic keyword and location search using the What and Where boxes, or choosing from a wide variety of filters in the Refine Search menu. The search filters and results are on the same page, so you can see immediately how your results are affected when you add or remove a filter. Search results are sorted by relevance (best match), which means that the results most closely matching your search criteria will display first. When searching by keyword(s), any resumes that have the keywords in the resume title or occupation title will display at the top of the results. Below that will display resumes containing the keywords anywhere in the resume. If you aren’t satisfied with your results, try editing your keywords in the What box.
Quick Start Guide
Click to view full-screen video in new window: Searching for Resumes QSG
From the main menu, click Resume Search.
Conduct Job Search
- Navigate to Resume Search. When no filters are clicked or criteria entered in the What and Where boxes, the Resume Search displays all resumes in the system.
- Type keyword(s) in the What box. When you are done, hit Enter or click the search icon (magnifying glass).
- If desired, add a location by entering a city and state or ZIP code in the Where box.
- The search results display.
- The resume results matching your keywords display below the What box, sorted by relevance. Resume postings that have your keywords in the resume title or occupation title will display at the top of the results. Below that will display resumes with your keywords anywhere in the resume. If you aren’t satisfied with your results, you can change your entry in the What box at any time.
- When the Where box is empty, resume results from across the state and even outside the state will display in your results.
- Narrow your search results using the Refine Search menu.
- To expand a category of filters, click the category. The number next to each filter within that category indicates the number of results you’ll get if you add the filter.
- A filter will only display for selection if there are results available for that filter. For example, if there are no resumes of job seekers with a master's degree, you will not see the Master's Degree filter.
- To add a filter to your search criteria, click it. Your search results will automatically update to match the filter you added. You can see all of the filters you’ve added in the FILTERED BY section. To remove a filter and widen your search, click the x next to the filter.
- Resume Search filters and descriptions
Resume Search Filters Field Description Education Level Search by the minimum education level required for the job. Options include:
- Some High School or Less
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Vocational Certification or Credential
- Some College
- Associate's Degree
- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- MD, OD, or Related
- DDS, DMD, or Related
- Other Professional Degree
Preferred Shift Search by job seeker's preferred shift time. Options include:
- No Preference
County of Residence Search by the job seeker's specified county of residence. Work Type Search by the amount of work the job seeker is seeking. Options include:
- No Preference
- Full Time
- Part Time
Temp Work Search by the job seeker's willingness to accept temporary work. (Yes or No) Wage Search by minimum preferred hourly wage (in $5.00 increments, beginning at $0.00 or more). Driver's License Search for job seekers who have a specific type of driver's license. Options include:
- Commercial Class A
- Commercial Class B
- Commercial Class C
- Non-Commercial Driver's License
Travel Search by the job seeker's availability to travel. (Yes or No) STEM Discipline Search by the job seeker's occupation within Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math disciplines. Options include:
- Computer Science
- Life Sciences
- Computer Science, Engineering
- Chemistry, Computer Science, Engineering, Geosciences, Life Sciences, Physics/Astronomy
- Environmental Science
- Computer Science, Mathematics
- Chemistry, Physics/Astronomy
- Chemistry, Life Sciences
Work Keys Search by the job seeker's Work Keys level (if your state uses Work Keys). Options include:
Veteran Search by whether the job seeker has registered as a veteran (Yes). Veteran resumes display with a U.S. flag beside their title. Last Updated Search by the date the job posting was last updated. Options include:
- 1 week
- 2 weeks
- 1 month
- The search results provide basic resume information including the resume title, last updated date, employer, and a portion of the resume objectives or statement of qualifications. (Resumes that are uploaded do not include text). To view additional information, you must be logged in. Click the resume title. For more about resume results, see Resume Search Results.
- To search for resumes that match the occupation of a particular job posting, click My Job Postings. The My Job Postings page displays.
- Next to the desired resume title, click the View Options button, then click the Search for matching jobs link.
- The Resume Search displays. The What box is pre-filled with the occupation phrase from the selected job posting as a starting point for the job search.
- Results are sorted by relevance (best match) based on the occupation phrase.
- Add additional search criteria or filters as desired, such as a location and desired salary. If you aren’t satisfied with your results, try editing your keywords (occupation phrase) in the What box. Shorter phrases often provide better matches; for example, “Baker” may provide more targeted matches than “Commercial Baker Helper.”
You must be logged in to save your resume search.
- To save your resume search to capture a certain set of search parameters and filters, type a unique name for the search in the Label box and click Save search as…
- To view previously saved resume searches, click Show Saved Resume Searches from the Resume Search page, or click My Saved Searches from your main menu. The My Saved Resume Searches page displays.
- Click the title of the search to conduct the search again. The number of matches next to the saved resume search title indicates the number of matches currently in the system.
- Click View Options to Run Search Again or Delete to remove the saved search.
- If you have saved a Resume Search that was based on one of your job postings, if you delete that job posting, the Resume Search will also be deleted.