From your Home Page, select My Activity Log to keep track of your job search activities. Each time you email an employer, an employer emails you, or you request a referral to a job, the system creates a record in your Activity Log. The record includes the following information:
- Activity: The action you've performed in relation to a job: Requested Referral Information, Viewed job posting, Applied
- Date: The date of the action
- Job Title: The title of the job
- Order number: The job posting number
- External job posting number, if relevant
- Results: The options to describe your status for the job: Awaiting Outcome, Hired, Not Hired, Did Not Apply, Other
Use Activity Notes to record any information you would like about your job search efforts.
- select Activity Notes.
- The Activity Notes page displays. Type any notes on your job search activity in the text box. select Check spelling to check your spelling.
- select Save to save the note. select Reset to clear the text box.
Non-AJL Job Search Activity Log
Use this Activity Log to manually enter job search activities outside of the AJL application.
- To add an activity, select Add Activity. The Add/Edit Job Search Activities for [Name] page displays. Fill out the following information:
- Online Job Board
- Employer Contact
- Job Fair
- Awaiting Outcome
- Not Hired
- Employer Not Hiring
- select Save to enter the note. select Clear to remove text. select Cancel to cancel the new or edited content.
- To view or update the note, select the Job Title link. select the Edit button to update or select Return to List to return.
- To enter an outcome, use the Results drop-down.
|Date Applied||(Text/Calendar) Enter the date (mm/dd/yyyy) on which the job search activity took place.|
|Job Title||(Text) Type the title of the position.|
|Company Name||(Text) Type the name of the company offering the position.|
|Company Address||(Text) Type the address of the company. If the company has multiple locations, enter the address of the main office or of the branch at which you are applying.|
|Company Address Line 2||(Text) Type any additional address information, such as building or suite number.|
|Company City||(Text) Type the city in which the company is located.|
|Company State:||(Drop-Down) Select the state in which the company is located.|
|Company ZIP/Postal Code||(Digits/Text) Type the company ZIP code.|
|Company Country||(Drop-Down) Select the country in which the company is located. The default is the United States.|
|Company International State/Province/County||(Text) If the company country is not in the U.S., type the state, province, or county in which the company is located.|
|Contact Person||(Text) Type the name of the person to contact for the job opening.|
|Contact Person's Job Title||(Text) Type the title of the person to contact for the job opening.|
|Contact Address||(Text) Type the address of the contact.|
|Contact Address Line 2||(Text) Type any additional address information, such as building or suite number.|
|Contact City||(Text) Type the city in which the contact is located.|
|Contact State||(Drop-Down) Select the state in which the contact is located.|
|Contact ZIP/Postal Code||(Digits/Text) Type the contact ZIP code.|
|Contact Country||(Drop-Down) Select the country in which the contact is located. The default is the United States.|
|Contact International State/Province/County||(Text) If the company country is not in the U.S., type the state, province, or county in which the company is located.|
|Phone||(Digits) Type the phone number of the contact.|
|Ext||(Digits) Type the extension, if applicable.|
|(Text) Type the email address of the contact.|
|Source||(Drop-Down) Select how this contact was initiated from the following options (options may vary):
|Other Source||(Text) If contact was initiated in another way aside from those list, type the source here.|
|Method of Contact|| (Drop-Down) Select how contact was made from the following options:
|Other Method||(Text) If the method of contact was not listed, enter the method here.|
|Result of Contact|| (Drop-Down) Select the result of the contact from the following options:
|Other Result||(Text) If the result of the contact was not listed, enter the result here.|
|Notes||(Text) Type any notes about the job search activity.|
|Follow-up Date||(Text/Calendar) If follow-up is required, enter the date on which follow-up contact should be made.|
The Activity Report displays all activities entered in the selected date range. This report is helpful for those needed to provide evidence of job search activities.
- select Activity Report.
- The Activity Date Selection page displays. Select a start and end date (mm/dd/yyyy). select View.
- Select the format of the report: Excel or HTML. An Excel report will download; an HTML report will display in the internet browser.
- To print the report, use your browser's print function (File > Print, or Ctrl + P). The printed report displays a signature line, SSN/Participant ID line, and a date line.
Return to Job Seeker Account Login.